This is expected to be the Committee’s final evidence session of its inquiry into the Business Appointment Rules: the rules that govern the take-up of jobs by former ministers and crown servants. The session takes place on Monday 26 March 2012 in Committee Room 8.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- The work of the ACoBA and the operation of the Business Appointment Rules;
- the remit and powers of ACoBA in ensuring compliance with the Business Appointment Rules; and
- how the Government can recruit experts to serve as ministers, and utilise outside expertise in the Civil Service, without giving rise to concern over propriety and undue influence.
- Lord Lang of Monkton, Chair of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments
- Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office