The Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) holds the final evidence session of its Citizens and Public Services inquiry on Monday 17 March at 4.30pm. The Committee will take evidence from the Cabinet Office ministers responsible for the Government’s Open Public Services policies: the Rt Hon Oliver Letwin, Minister for Government Policy and the Rt Hon David Laws, Minister of State.
- Rt Hon Oliver Letwin MP, Minister for Government Policy,
- Rt Hon David Laws MP, Minister of State, Cabinet Office
The inquiry aims to scrutinize the Government’s plans for public service reform and consider the wider public service reform agenda.
Issue to be covered
- the role of the Cabinet Office in coordinating open public services policy across Whitehall departments;
- the extent to which the Government has successfully devolved power away from Whitehall and into local communities; and
- the opportunities for local people to get involved in the design and delivery of their public services.
The @CommonsPASC Twitter account will live tweet the session using the #PublicServices hashtag.