This is the fourth session of PASC’s post-legislative scrutiny inquiry into the implementation and operation of the Charities Act 2006.
The Committee will hear from two members of the soon-to-be established Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), which will be the equivalent body to the Charity Commission in England and Wales, and to the Office of the Scottish Charitable Regulator in Scotland.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- the background to the decision to establish the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission;
- comparisons between the regulation of charities in England and Wales, and in Australia; and
- plans by the Australian government to establish a statutory definition of "charity".
This session will be held on Tuesday 6 November in Committee Room 16.
- Susan Pascoe, Commissioner Designate of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- Murray Baird, Assistant Commissioner (General Counsel) Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission