The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee will hear from the Northern Ireland Retired Police Officers Association and from representatives of veterans’ campaign groups as it continues its inquiry into the Governments new proposals to address the legacy of the Troubles.
Purpose of the session
The Committee is likely to explore:
- each group’s assessment of the Government’s new proposals to deal with the legacy of the Troubles;
- commitments to veterans and former police officers;
- the investigation of cases; and
- the potential merits and demerits of the previous proposals set out in the Stormont House Agreement.
The evidence from this session will be used as part of the Committee’s Legacy Inquiry as it draws on the views and experiences of as wide a range of groups as possible.
- Raymond White, Chairman, Northern Ireland Retired Police Officers Association;
- Chris Albiston, Northern Ireland Retired Police Officers Association
- Paul Young, Senior Policy Advisor, Justice for Northern Ireland Veterans Original;
- Robin Horsfall, Million Veterans March;
- Gavin (Harry) Wragg, Rolling Thunder for Soldier F.
Watch live and on demand at Parliament TV.
Image: Parliamentary copyright