Transforming Rehabilitation has attracted criticism since its implementation, including in reports by the National Audit Office, the Public Accounts Committee, and by HM Chief Inspectors of Probation and Prisons in reports on resettlement services for short term prisoners and for prisoners serving 12 months or more.
Improving the probation system
The Justice Committee is seeking to find out what needs to be done to improve the probation system.
This evidence session is expected to cover a number of issues including:
- CRC contracts
- Performance of probation services
- Support to offenders, including activities available and through-the-Gate services
- Probation staff
- Relations between the NPS and CRCs
Tuesday 20 March 2018 in Committee Room 18, Palace of Westminster.
- Trevor Shortt, Director of Operations (Community), Sodexo
- Ed Roberts, Finance Director, CRC business, Sodex
- John Baumback, Managing Director, Seetec
- Suki Binning, CEO, Kent, Surrey and Sussex CRC
At approx. 10.45am
- Sonia Crozier, Executive Director, Probation & Women, National probation Service (NPS)
- Kilvinder Vigurs, Probation Divisional Director London, NPS
- Lynda Marginson, Probation Divisional Director North East, NPS
- Ian Barrow, Probation Divisional Director Wales, NPS
Image: Parliamentary Copyright