The Justice Committee holds its first evidence session as part of its inquiry follow-up into the role of the magistracy.
Purpose of the session
The aim of this session is to allow the Committee to gain a broad understanding of the main issues facing the magistracy and to establish what progress has been made since the previous Committee’s report published on 19 October 2016.
Tuesday 27 November 2018 in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster.
- John Bache JP, Chair, Magistrates Association
- Mrs Jo King JP, Co-Chair, Magistrates’ Engagement Group
- Duncan Webster JP, National Leadership Magistrate
- Phil Bowen, Director, Centre for Justice Innovation
- Penelope Gibbs, Director, Transform Justice