The Justice Committee holds its third evidence session as part of its inquiry into Prison Population 2022: planning for the future.
Purpose of the session
The purpose of this session is to examine the current and future pressures on the prison system from a strategic and operational perspective, including
- the impact of prison population growth on running prisons in the context of constricted finances
- how prisons respond to and seek to rehabilitate the current prison population, including particular cohorts of prisoner and how they plan for and accommodate changes in the population
- the current and future position on maintaining and modernising the prison estate
- issues relating to the recruitment and training of prison officers and leaders
Tuesday 11 September 2018 in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster.
- Nick Pascoe, Vice-Chair, Prison Governors Association
- Mark Fairhurst, National Chair, Prison Officers Association
- Julia Rogers, Managing Director Justice and Immigration, Serco
Image: Ministry of Justice