Minister of State for Justice questioned on prison population
27 June 2018
The Justice Committee holds its first evidence session as part of its inquiry into Prison Population 2022: planning for the future.
Purpose of the session
The purpose of this session is to enable the Ministry to set out its plans for the future of prisons up to 2022.
This is intended to provide greater clarity on:
- the recent and future financial position related to prison reform, including the extent to which the various aspects of the previous Government’s prison safety and reform plan remain priorities
- key current and future pressures on the system, including the sustainability of finances, trends in sentencing and drivers of growth
- the current and future position on maintaining and modernising the prison estate
- the capacity and skills of staff.
Tuesday 26 June 2018, in Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster.
- Rory Stewart MP, Minister of State, Ministry of Justice
- Mike Driver, Chief Financial Officer, Ministry of Justice
- Justin Russell, Director General, Offender Reform and Commissioning Group, Ministry of Justice
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Central government, Crime, civil law, justice and rights, Parliament, House of Commons news, Commons news, Crime, Ministers
Share this page