The Justice Committee holds Pre-commencement hearing for the Chair of the Parole Board and evidence session on Prison Population 2022: planning for the future.
The Justice Committee will be holding a pre-commencement hearing with Caroline Corby, Interim Chair, Parole Board, who will take up her post as Parole board chair on Tuesday 30 October 2018 at 10.00am in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
Following the pre-commencement hearing the Justice Committee will hold its fifth evidence session as part of its inquiry into Prison Population 2022: planning for the future.
Purpose of the session
The purpose of this session is to examine the Ministry of Justice’s strategy for female offenders in the context of current and future pressures on the prison system up to 2022, including:
- update on safety in women’s establishments
- how prisons respond to and seek to rehabilitate female prisoners
- the resources and provision available to prevent women going into prison and returning
- the prison estate strategy for women
- the implementation of the Farmer Review
Tuesday 30 October 2018, Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
- Juliet Lyon, Chair, Independent Advisory Panel on Deaths in Custody
- Dr Kate Paradine, CEO, Women in Prison
- Jessica Southgate, Policy Manager, Agenda