The Justice Committee holds the final session of its inquiry into prison governance
Purpose of the session
The inquiry has looked into the governance structures within the prison system and the question of leadership within prisons.
This session will take evidence on the findings of HM Inspectorate of Prisons and the Independent Monitoring Boards; and question the Government Minister and senior managers responsible for prisons.
Tuesday 16 July 2019, Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
- Dame Anne Owers, Chair, Independent Monitoring Boards
- Peter Clarke, HM Chief Inspector of Prisons
At approximately 10.45am:
- Robert Buckland QC MP, Minister of State for Justice
- Jo Farrar, Chief Executive Officer, HM Prison & Probation Service
- Phil Copple, Director General Prisons, Ministry of Justice