The Justice Committee holds an evidence session on Progress in the implementation of the Lammy Review's recommendations.
Purpose of the session
The Committee will investigate progress made on race equality issues in the criminal justice system, since the publication of the Lammy Review 18 months ago.
MPs will hear from a panel of stakeholders, who are experts in race equality issues in the criminal justice system, as well as from Mr Lammy himself, to understand:
- views on the progress made in implementing the recommendations in the Review
- what the Government’s priorities should be going forward.
Tuesday 26 March 2019, Committee Room, Palace of Westminster.
- Laurie Hunte, Criminal Justice Programme Manager, Barrow Cadbury Trust
- Jessica Mullen, Head of Policy and Communications, Clinks
- Jabeer Butt OBE, Chief Executive Officer, Race Equality Foundation
- Nina Champion, Director, Criminal Justice Alliance
At approximately 10.45am: