The Justice Committee holds a one-off session to follow up the previous Committee’s inquiry into the Implications of Brexit for the Justice System.
The previous inquiry, which reported in March 2017, considered:
- Civil justice- including family law and commercial law
- Legal services
- Criminal justice- including extradition arrangements, investigative resources and information sharing.
This one-off session provides an opportunity to assess progress and identify urgent opportunities and concerns.
Tuesday 23 October in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
- Andrew Walker QC, Chair, Bar Council
- Simon Davis, Vice-President, Law Society
- Kate Gibbons, Partner (Finance and Capital Markets), Clifford Chance
- Lucy Frazer QC MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice
- Paul Candler, Director, International and Rights, Ministry of Justice