The Justice Committee examines disclosure of evidence in criminal cases as part of its inquiry.
What the session will cover
This evidence session is expected to cover a number of issues including:
- Perspectives from the legal profession on recent issues around disclosure of evidence in criminal cases
- The performance of the Police, CPS and defence practitioners with regard to disclosure
- Factors which might have contributed to recent disclosure issues.
Tuesday 1 May, Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
- Daniel Bonich, Vice Chair, Criminal Law Solicitor’s Association
- Joe Egan, President, Law Society
- Angela Rafferty QC, Chair, Criminal Bar Association
- Joanna Hardy, Barrister, Red Lion Chambers.