The Justice Committee holds its final evidence session on its sub-inquiry into Governor empowerment and prison performance, part of its ongoing inquiry into prison reform.
Tuesday 28 February 2017, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Janine McDowell, Chief Operating Officer, Justice Services, Sodexo
- Jerry Petherick, Managing Director, Custodial and Detention Services, G4S
- Julia Rogers, Managing Director, Justice and Immigration, Serco
- Nigel Taylor, Managing Director, Carillion Services
At 10.30am (approximately)
- Sam Gyimah MP, Minister of State for Prisons and Probation, Ministry of Justice
Purpose of the Session
This session aims to clarify the implications of the Government's prison reform proposals on governor empowerment and prison performance for private prison and prison services providers, and to explore lessons that can be learnt from the sector for the public sector reforms.
The Committee also seeks more details from the Minister on the Government's proposals, including the extent of testing and consultation on its plans, many of which are due to be implemented on 1 April.
The Session provides an opportunity to discuss the Prisons and Courts Bill, which was published on 23 February.
Follow the inquiry