MPs on the International Development Committee will today take evidence from leading relief charities and the Secretary of State for International Development, Andrew Mitchell, on the humanitarian response to the Pakistan floods of 2010.
- Matthew Carter, Humanitarian Director of CAFOD, and Chair of the Confederation of British Humanitarian Agencies (CBHA)
- Graham MacKay, Deputy Humanitarian Director Oxfam, and CBHA Board member
- Jerome Oberreit, Director of Operations, Médecins sans Frontières (MSF)
- Mr. Jehangir Malik OBE, UK Director, Islamic Relief
At 11.30 (approximately)
- Rt Hon Andrew Mitchell, MP, Secretary of State for International Development
This evidence session focuses on three main issues: the response to the floods by the Government of Pakistan and the international donor community, the fitness for purpose of the UN humanitarian system and the next steps needed on the process to recovery and reconstruction including disaster preparedness.