The International Development Committee is holding the second evidence session for the inquiry into UK's Development Work in the Middle East on Tuesday 8 April.
Tuesday 8 April, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Maria Calivis, Regional Director for the Middle East and North Africa, UNICEF
- Amin Awad, Director of Middle East & North Africa Office, UNCHR
- Mourad, Wahba, Deputy Regional Director, Division for Arab States
- Yossi Mekelberg, Lecturer in International Relations and Politics, Regent's University, London
- Nicola Cobbold, CEO, Portland Trust
- Tony Laurance, CEO, Medical Aid for Palestinians
Purpose of the Session
The first panel will focus mainly on the humanitarian crisis arising from the Syrian Civil War, both within Syria itself and in neighbouring countries such as Jordan and Lebanon. The second panel will focus principally on the situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPTs). Witnesses include a number of senior UN representatives, Plus Yossi Mekelberg, Associate Fellow of Chatham House.