The International Development Committee will hold an evidence session in its ongoing inquiry into the Multilateral Aid Review (MAR) on Tuesday 25 June.
Tuesday 25 June, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster, venue maybe subject to change
Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- Alison Evans, External Reviewer to the original MAR, and former Director
UN Food and Agriculture Organization
- Daniel Gustafson, Deputy Director General
Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI)
Department for International Development Committee
- Rt Hon Alan Duncan MP, Minister of State for International Development
- Anthony Smith, Director of International Relations
- Rachel Arrundale Head of Policy in the International Directors Office
Purpose of the session
This evidence session is part of the Committee’s ongoing inquiry into DFID’s Multilateral Aid Review (MAR) process. Following the original MAR in 2011, DFID is now conducting a MAR update: the Committee will investigate how DFID is approaching this. They will also investigate the implications of such review processes for multilateral agencies. The first panel includes representatives of two major multilaterals, together with the former Director of the Overseas Development Institute. The second panel includes the Minister of State for International Development, Rt Hon Alan Duncan MP. Following the session the Committee will prepare a report.
Image: iStockphoto/ Video: Parliamentary copyright