The International Development Committee is to conduct its annual inquiry into the Department for International Development’s Annual Report and Accounts 2011-12
Invitation to submit Written Evidence
The Committee invites short written submissions from interested organisations and individuals, on the Annual Report, especially on the following areas:
• Trends in DFID’s expenditure and total UK ODA, including
o the split between bilateral and multilateral expenditure
o administration expenditure.
• DFID’s ability to spend the large increase in its 2013-14 budget efficiently and effectively
• How DFID uses the research it funds to inform policy
• DFID’s results framework, including the choice of indicators in its Annual Report and the reporting of progress
• Whether DFID’s current staffing levels are adequate
• DFID’s use of consultants and whether they offer value for money
• Whether DFID’s procedures are too bureaucratic
The deadline for submitting written evidence is Monday 19 November.
Written evidence submitted should:
• Be no longer that 3000 words in length
• Have numbered paragraphs
• Avoid the use of colour or expensive-to-print material
• Be provided electronically in MS Word (No PDF’s) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions can also be sent by post to International Development Committee, House of Commons, 7 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA.
View guidance on giving evidence to Select Committees.