Department for International Development
- Nemat (Minouche) Shafik, Permanent Secretary
- Richard Calvert, Director General, Finance and Corporate Performance
- Michael Anderson, Director General, Policy and Global Issues
- Mark Lowcock, Director General, Country Programmes
The session offers the opportunity to assess DFID’s work, including:
- DFID’s approach to assessing the effectiveness of aid and the role of DFID’s new aid watchdog
- Reduction in DFID’s administration costs
- DFID’s use of technical assistance and consultants and whether reducing this expense could be an appropriate target for the new Government
- The work of CDC, a DFID owned fund management business, which invests in the private sectors in developing countries especially Africa and South Asia.
The session is open to the public and will be held in Committee Room 5, starting at 10.30am.