The International Development Committee takes evidence from two former Secretaries of State for International Development on sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector.
Tuesday 5 June 2018, Committee Room 18, Palace of Westminster
- Sarah Blakemore, Director of Keeping Children Safe
- Paula Donovan, Co-Director, AIDS-Free World and its Code Blue Campaign
- Natalie Samarasinghe, Executive Director, UNA-UK
- Rt Hon Clare Short, Former Secretary of State for International Development
- Rt Hon Andrew Mitchell MP, Former Secretary of State for International Development
Purpose of the Session
This session will continue the Committee's inquiry into sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector, focusing on international institutions, in particular the United Nations. This will include questions on some longstanding issues around the treatment of aid recipients by aid and peacekeeping personnel, accountability, and the UK’s influence at the UN.
Image: Parliamentary Copyright