The International Development Committee hears from Oxfam, Save the Children and the Department for International Development (DFID) on sexual exploitation in the aid sector.
Tuesday 20 February 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Mark Goldring, Chief Executive Officer, Oxfam GB
- Caroline Thomson, Chair of Trustees, Oxfam GB
- Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, Oxfam International
Save the Children
- Kevin Watkins, Chief Executive Officer
- Steve Reeves, Director of Child Safeguarding
Department for International Development
- Matthew Rycroft CBE, Permanent Secretary
- Gerard Howe, Head of Inclusive Societies
- Beverley Warmington, Director of CHASE
Purpose of the Session
The Committee will begin by questioning Oxfam’s CEO and Chair of Trustees about the conduct of Oxfam staff in Haiti, and about safeguarding policies more generally.
The Committee will then question the CEO of Save the Children about his proposals on safeguarding, before questioning Matthew Rycroft, Permanent Secretary at DFID, about what his Department knew and what steps are being taken.