The International Development Committee takes evidence on the humanitarian response to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Ebola crisis with evidence from NGOs and the Minister of State for Africa.
Tuesday 21 May 2019, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Josie Golding, Epidemic Preparedness & Response Lead, Wellcome Trust
- Johan Eldebo, Regional Security Director, World Vision
- Harriett Baldwin MP, Minister of State for Africa at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Minister of State for International Development
- Yolande Wright, Senior Ebola Virus Disease Lead, DFID
- Professor Charlotte Watts, Chief Scientific Adviser, DFID
Purpose of the Session
The Committee is holding a one-off evidence session on the worsening Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Committee will begin by taking evidence from the Wellcome Trust (which led on the development of the Ebola vaccine) and World Vision (which has a sizeable presence in DRC). The Committee will then hear from the Minister of State and supporting officials on DFID’s response to the crisis.