The International Development Committee takes evidence from academics and development stakeholders on the Department for International Development's (DFID) work on disability.
Tuesday 23 April 2019, Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
- Professor Tom Shakespeare, Professor of Disability Research, School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr. Ola Abu Alghaib, Director of Global Influencing and Research, Leonard Cheshire
- David Constantine, Founding Director, Motivation
- Parmi Dheensa, Founder and Executive Director, Include Me TOO
- Julian Eaton, Global Mental Health Advisor, Bond Mental Health and Psychosocial Disabilities Group
- Mosharraf Hossain, Director of Global Policy, Influencing and Research, ADD International
- Juliet Milgate, Director of Policy and Global Advocacy, Sightsavers
- Tom Palmer, Humanitarian Disability Adviser, Humanity and Inclusion
Purpose of the Session
During the first evidence session of this inquiry, the committee heard from ICAI and DFID officials on the early implementation of the newly published DFID Disability Inclusion Strategy. In this session, the committee will hear from a range of academics and NGOs on how effectively DFID’s Strategy is addressing specific issues including disability in conflict situations, mental and psychosocial disabilities, and use of assistive technology among others.
Image: ADD International