The International Development Committee takes evidence from development stakeholders on UK aid for combating climate change.
Tuesday 4 December 2018, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
- Anshul Patel, Chief Commercial Officer, BBOXX Ltd
- Professor Sam Fankhauser, Director of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment
- Dr Ruth Fuller, International Development Policy Advisor, WWF-UK
- Dr Alison Doig, Head of Global Policy, Christian Aid
- Chu Thi Ha, Acting Programme Manager, ActionAid Vietnam
Purpose of the Session
In the second oral evidence session of the IDC’s inquiry into UK aid for combating climate change, the Committee will first explore the value of private sector engagement on climate change, and what role development actors can play in supporting this. The Committee will then take evidence from NGOs on how development programmes can most effectively be designed to combat the causes and impacts of climate change and promote climate resilience.