International Development Committee hears from experts on some of the key social development issues in Nigeria, focusing on the education and health sectors as well as the challenges faced by women and girls.
Tuesday 10 May 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Joanna Härmä, Research Fellow, Centre for International Education
- Chris Horn, Independent Consultant
- Georgia Taylor, Director, WISE Development
- Ojobo Atuluku, Country Director, ActionAid Nigeria
- Dr Titilola Banjoko, Founder, Africa Recruit
- Dr Prudence Hamade, Technical Advisor, Malaria Consortium
Purpose of the Session
Separate panels will answer questions relating to DFID's role in strengthening health systems and supporting basic healthcare provision and the Department's efforts to improve access to and quality of education in pursuit of SDG 4. A third panel will investigate the cross-cutting political, social and economic challenges faced by women and girls and DFID's support for gender equality in Nigeria.
Video: Parliamentary copyright