The Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee questions representatives of traders from the retail and hospitality sectors as part of its high streets and town centres in 2030 inquiry.
Focus of the hearing
The inquiry is examining the future role of high streets and town centres, how they might respond to demographic and technological changes and local government’s role in providing support.
Questions are likely to focus on the challenges facing both sectors, including the impact of online shopping and business rates, as well as exploring planning and licensing, digital technology, landlords and Business Improvement Districts.
Tuesday 9 October, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Tom Ironside, Director of Business and Regulation, British Retail Consortium
- Edward Woodall, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, Association of Convenience Stores
- Andrew Goodacre, Chief Executive, Bira
- Brigid Simmonds, Chief Executive, British Beer and Pub Association
- TBC, UKHospitality
- Joe Harrison, Chief Executive, NMTF (National Market Traders Federation)