The Housing Communities and Local Government Committee continue their inquiry into leasehold reform on Monday 19 November when they take evidence from developers, freeholders and managing agents.
Having heard evidence from leaseholders of escalating ground rents, opaque service charges and dispute mechanisms that fail to provide a level playing field, the session will examine the key issues that have led to calls for reform of the leasehold system from the perspective of major firms who build and maintain residential properties in the UK.
Purpose of the session
The session will also consider the impact of proposals to reform or replace leasehold, proposed improvements to dispute mechanisms, and the voluntary steps the industry can take to ensure consumers are treated fairly.
Monday 19 November, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
Panel 1 (Developers)
- Jason Honeyman, Chief Executive, Bellway
- David Jenkinson, Group Managing Director and Main Board Director, Persimmon
- Jennie Daly, Group Operations Director, Taylor Wimpey
Panel 2 (Freeholders and Managing Agents)
- Richard Silva, Executive Director, Long Harbour
- Mick Platt, Wallace Group Partnership
- John Dyer, Director, Savills, and Chair of Residential Management Committee, British Property Federation
- Dr Nigel Glen, Chief Executive Officer, Association of Residential Managing Agents