The Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee hears from Mineral Planning Authorities and regulatory bodies as part of the inquiry into planning guidance on fracking.
Monday 14 May, Thatcher Room
Panel 1: Mineral Planning Authorities
- Richard Flinton, Chief Executive, North Yorkshire County Council
- Sally Gill, Group Planning Manager, Nottinghamshire County Council
- Nicola Howarth, Minerals Planner, Peak District National Park Authority
- Andrew Mullaney, Head of Planning and Environment, Lancashire County Council
Panel 2: Regulatory bodies
- Mark Ellis-Jones, Programme Executive - Onshore Oil & Gas Programme, Environment Agency
- Chris Flint, Director, Energy Division, Health and Safety Executive
- Tom Wheeler, Director of Regulation, UK Oil and Gas Authority
Purpose of the session
Questioning could focus on whether existing guidance is adequate and whether there is a need for a comprehensive guidance document. Members could also ask about the National Planning Policy Framework and whether fracking should be dealt with as national infrastructure under the 2008 Planning Act.
The inquiry is examining whether guidance for local authorities taking planning decisions on fracking applications needs to be updated or improved.