As part of its inquiry into serious violence, the Home Affairs Committee hears from Victoria Atkins MP, Minister for Crime, Safeguarding and Vulnerability.
Wednesday 8 May in Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Victoria Atkins MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Crime, Safeguarding and Vulnerability
- Dan Greaves, Crime Director for the Crime, Policing and Fire Group, Home Office
Purpose of the session
The session is likely to cover:
- The quality of Government leadership in response to rising knife crime, including the effectiveness of the Serious Violence Strategy and Taskforce
- The impact of police and local authority funding reductions on serious violence, and what central Government is doing to increase local capacity; and
- Government action in response to some of the possible driving factors behind the rise in knife crime and serious youth violence, such as school exclusion, 'county lines' and demand for illicit drugs.
Image: Parliamentary copyright