As part of its inquiry into serious violence, the Committee will take evidence from police and crime commissioners, the Youth Violence Commission, the Children’s Commissioner, and the former senior Government official Dame Louise Casey.
Tuesday 30 April 2019, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Mark Burns-Williamson OBE, Chair and Serious Violence Lead, Association of Police and Crime Commissioners, and PCC for West Yorkshire
- Vicky Foxcroft MP, Youth Violence Commission
- David Lloyd, Police and Crime Commissioner for Hertfordshire
- Dame Louise Casey DBE CB, former Director General of the Troubled Families programme and former Victims’ Commissioner
- Anne Longfield OBE, Children’s Commissioner for England
Purpose of the session
The session is likely to cover:
- Possible driving factors behind the rise in knife crime and serious youth violence, including school exclusions, county lines, and cuts to police and local authority funding
- The effectiveness of the police response to serious violence, and
- The quality of Government leadership in this area, including the Serious Violence Strategy and Taskforce.