The Home Affairs Committee questions ex-Europol chief on the status of the Brexit negotiations on security and the options available for future policing and security cooperation between the UK and the EU.
Purpose of the Session
This session follows on from the Committee’s previous inquiry into EU Policing and Security Cooperation, for which it published a report in March, "UK-EU security cooperation after Brexit".
The session is likely to cover:
- Impact of a 'no-deal' Brexit on policing and internal security
- The UK’s future relationship with Europol
- Data sharing and access to EU databases
- The European Arrest Warrant
- Jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice
Tuesday 3 July in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Sir Rob Wainwright, former Director of Europol and Senior Cyber Partner at Deloitte
- Claude Moraes MEP, Chair of the European Parliament’s Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE)
- Camino Mortera-Martinez, Research Fellow and Brussels Representative, Centre for European Reform