The Home Affairs Committee examines the police and industry response to online fraud, as part of its inquiry into Policing for the future.
Tuesday 9 January 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Temporary Commander David Clark, National Co-ordinator for Economic Crime, City of London Police
- Richard Piggin, Campaign Manager, Which?
- Detective Superintendent Nicky Porter, Serious Crime Division (Financial Investigation Unit), Greater Manchester Police
- Katy Worobec, Managing Director, Economic Crime, UK Finance
Purpose of the session
- Trends in online fraud
- Quality of victim support available from Action Fraud and the police
- Cooperation and delegation of responsibility between local police forces and other investigative agencies
- Capability and resources of police and agencies to investigate effectively
- Industry response and prevention work
- Government response and awareness campaigns