The Home Affairs Committee holds an evidence session into its inquiry on policing for the future.
Tuesday 5 June 2018, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster.
- Cressida Dick CBE QPM, Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police
- Lynne Owens CBE QPM, Director General, National Crime Agency
- Chief Constable Sara Thornton CBE QPM, Chair of the National Police Chiefs’ Council
Focus of the session
This session provides an opportunity for Members to question policing leaders about the key challenges facing policing, effective responses to changing demands, and the extent to which the current arrangements for police funding, leadership and reform are enabling them to provide the best possible service to the public.
Topics the session are likely to cover:
- Police funding and resources
- Serious violent crime
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Online fraud
- Policing structures and barriers to reform
- Brexit and policing