The Home Affairs Committee hears from Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, Home Secretary, on a range of critical policy areas covered by the Home Office.
Wednesday 27 February in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, Home Secretary
- Sir Philip Rutnam, Permanent Secretary, Home Office
Purpose of the session
The Committee questions the Home Secretary on the Government's position on a range of critical policy areas covered by the Home Office. The Committee will examine the department's preparations for Brexit and its future cooperation with the EU, including under a no-deal scenario.
The session will likely cover:
- Brexit preparations for policing and security, the border and immigration; and the impact of a no-deal scenario on each of these key policy areas
- The UK immigration system and the EU Settlement Scheme
- English Channel people crossings, including joint UK-French border operations.
Image: Parliamentary copyright