The Home Affairs Committee hears from the Rt Hon Nick Hurd MP, Minister of State for Policing and Fire Services, Home Office.
Tuesday 23 January 2018 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Nick Hurd MP, Minister of State for Policing and Fire Services, Home Office
- Shona Riach, Europe Director, Home Office
Purpose of the session
In the final evidence session for this inquiry, the Committee will examine the Government’s intentions for its future security relationship with the European Union. It will also seek to examine the preparations made by the Government for a range of Brexit scenarios, including a ‘no-deal’ outcome.
Issues which the session is likely to cover include:
- UK participation in EU policing and security measures during any transitional period
- The UK’s relationship with Europol after Brexit
- Extradition arrangements and the European Arrest Warrant
- Future UK-EU data-sharing on security matters
- Effect of a ‘no-deal’ scenario on UK security