Home Affairs Committee examines post-Brexit immigration services with Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP, Minister of State for Immigration.
Tuesday 21 November, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP, Minister of State for Immigration
- Patsy Wilkinson, Second Permanent Secretary, Home Office
This is the second evidence session for the inquiry examining the Home Office’s capacity to deliver post-Brexit immigration services.
The issues which the session is likely to cover include:
- Home Office staff capacity within the immigration directorates
- Efficiency and effectiveness of immigration processes, including IT systems
- Implications of current levels of backlogs and issues with decision-making
- Effectiveness of immigration enforcement
- Prospects for post-Brexit immigration arrangements.
The Committee may also raise other topical immigration issues with the Minister, including concerns around immigration detention.
Image: Parliamentary copyright