The Health Committee is today announcing arrangements for its accountability hearings with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The Committee proposes to take evidence from these bodies as follows:
- Nursing and Midwifery Council: Tuesday 8 October 2013
- Care Quality Commission: Tuesday 22 October 2013
There are no formal calls for evidence for these meetings, but the Committee would be pleased to receive written submissions on the work of either of these organisations in advance of the meetings. If providing a response on both organisations then please submit a separate document for each.
Submissions to both these inquiries will be via web portal only.
The deadlines for written submissions are as follows:
- NMC: midday on Tuesday 1 October
- CQC: midday on Tuesday 15 October
Further details of each session will be announced in due course.
Notes for Editors:
- The Committee’s previous accountability hearing with the Nursing and Midwifery Council took place on 16 October 2012, and the Committee’s report on the hearing was published on 6 March 2013 as HC (2012–13) 639. The Government and NMC’s responses were published on 12 July 2013 as HC (2013–14) 581.
- The Committee’s previous accountability hearing with the Care Quality Commission took place on 11 September 2012. The report on the hearing was published on 9 January 2013 as HC (2012–13) 592. The Government’s and CQC’s responses were published on 17 May 2013 as HC (2013–14) 154.