The Health Committee is today announcing arrangements for its accountability hearings with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and Monitor.
The Committee proposes to take evidence from these bodies as follows:
- Nursing and Midwifery Council: Tuesday 16 October 2012
- Monitor: Tuesday 30 October 2012
There are no formal calls for evidence for these meetings, but the Committee would be pleased to receive written submissions on the work of either of these organisations in advance of the meetings. If providing a response on both organisations then please submit a separate document for each to email@example.com.
The deadlines for written submissions are as follows:
- NMC: midday on Tuesday 18 September
- Monitor: midday on Thursday 11 October
Further details of each session will be announced in due course.
Notes for Editors:
1. The Committee’s first accountability hearing with the Nursing and Midwifery Council took place on 14 June 2011, and the Committee’s report on the hearing was published on 26 July 2011 as HC (2010–12) 1428.
2. The Committee’s first accountability hearing with Monitor took place on 14 July 2011. The report on the hearing was published on 14 September 2011 as HC (2010–12) 1431.
3. Responses from the Government and from the bodies concerned were published on 7 March 2012 as HC (2010–12) 1699.
Guidance on submitting written evidence:
Annual accountability hearing with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
Annual accountability hearing with Monitor