The Health Committee examines the impact of Brexit on the health and social care workforce and on provision of health services for British expatriates and EU nationals in the U.K.
Tuesday 28 February 2017, The Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Charlie Massey, Chief Executive and Registrar, General Medical Council
- Jackie Smith, Chief Executive and Registrar, Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Paul MacNaught, Director of EU, International and Prevention Programmes, Department of Health,
- Gavin Larner, Director of Workforce, Department of Health
- Professor Ian Cumming OBE, Chief Executive, Health Education England
Purpose of the session
The Committee takes evidence from professional regulators to explore the opportunities Brexit may present to improve the regulation of doctors and nurses.
The second panel of witnesses gives evidence on the challenges facing the health and social care workforce as a consequence of Brexit and issues relating to the future provision of health services for British expatriates and EU nationals in the U.K.