The Health and Social Care Committee hears from Stephen Barclay MP, Minister of State for Health, Department of Health and Social Care, and representatives from NHS England, NHS Improvement.
Tuesday 20 March 2018, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
Representatives from NHS England:
- Professor Steve Powis, National Medical Director
- Professor Jane Cummings, Chief Nursing Officer and Executive Director
- Simon Stevens, Chief Executive
Representatives from NHS Improvement:
- Ian Dalton, Chief Executive
- Ben Dyson, Executive Director of Strategy
- Jonathan Marron, Interim Director General, Community and Social Care
- Stephen Barclay, Minister of State for Health, Department of Health and Social Care
Purpose of the session
The focus of the session will be on the direction of travel for the NHS and social care in England and the benefits and risks for patients and the public. The session will also examine new ways of planning and delivering care including: sustainability and transformation plans and partnerships; integrated care systems, and accountable care organisations.