The Health and Social Care Committee hears from policy analysts and leading bodies in health and social care, on the implications of the Budget on health and social care.
Tuesday 20 November in Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Sally Gainsbury, Senior Policy Analyst, Nuffield Trust
- Anita Charlesworth, Director of Research and Economics, Health Foundation
- Richard Murray, Director of Policy, King’s Fund
- Glenn Garrod, President, Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
- Jeanelle de Gruchy, President, Association of Directors of Public Health
- Ian Dalton, Chief Executive, NHS Improvement
Areas of questioning
The Committee's questioning is expected to focus on the impact of the Budget on areas of health spending not covered by the announcement of funding for the NHS over the next five years, made earlier this year (on which the Committee took evidence on 2 July). The Committee is also expected to consider the impact on the NHS of funding for those non-NHS services. Other areas expected to be covered include NHS capital expenditure and PFI, mental health spending, workforce spending, and the scope for improving productivity and efficiency as required by the Government's "financial tests" for the NHS.
Further sessions are expected to be held following publication of the NHS 10-year plan.
The Committee is not seeking written submissions ahead of this session.