In this second and final evidence session, the Health and Social Care Committee hears from the Government, practitioner organisations and NHS England.
Tuesday 26 March in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Professor Andrew Goddard, President, Royal College of Physicians
- Professor Finbar O'Callaghan, President, British Paediatric Neurology Association
- Baroness Blackwood, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department of Health and Social Care
- Professor Chris Whitty, Chief Scientific Advisor, Department of Health and Social Care
- Nick Hurd MP, Minister of State for Policing and the Fire Service, Home Office
- Dr Keith Ridge, Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, NHS England
Purpose of the session
In November 2018, the Government announced the rescheduling of medicinal cannabis from Schedule 1 to Schedule 2 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001. Medicinal cannabis can be prescribed by specialist doctors.
The session explores the issues around medicinal cannabis, including research into medicinal cannabis, supply of medicinal cannabis products, guidance for medical practitioners and public opinion.
The transcript and recording of the first session, along with the evidence received for this inquiry, is available on our website.