The Health and Social Care Committee hears from academics, researchers, service providers and policy experts in the first evidence session of its inquiry into drugs policy.
Tuesday 7 May in Committee room 18, Palace of Westminster
- Mark Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, User Voice
- Professor Susanne MacGregor, Honorary Professor of Social Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Professor Tim Millar, Professor of Substance Use and Addictions, University of Manchester
- Karen Biggs, Chair, Collective Voice
- Boris Pomroy, Chief Executive, Mentor
- Professor Harry Sumnall, Professor in Substance Use, Liverpool John Moores University
- Kirstie Douse, Head of Legal Services, Release
- Adrian Crossley, Head of Addiction, Centre for Social Justice
- Mike Flanagan, Consultant Nurse and Clinical Lead, Drug and Alcohol Services, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Purpose of the session
In this evidence session, the Committee will hear from academics, researchers, service providers and policy experts on prevention, early intervention and the current legislative approach.