The Health and Social Care Committee questions the Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, the CEO of NHS England and academics and experts, on the likely impact of the withdrawal agreement and political declaration on the health and social care sector.
Purpose of the session
Following the publication of the Draft Withdrawal Agreement and draft Political Declaration setting out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom, the Committee examines the likely impact of the withdrawal agreement and political declaration on the health and social care sector.
The Committee will also follow up on the session held on Tuesday 22 November and will question the Secretary of State and officials from the Department on the implications of the Budget for health and social care.
Tuesday 27 November in Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Tamara Hervey, Jean Monnet Professor of European Union Law, University of Sheffield
- Mark Dayan, Policy and Public Affairs Analyst, Nuffield Trust
- Nick Fahy, Senior Researcher, University of Oxford Medical Sciences Division
- Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care
- Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England
- Sir Chris Wormald, Permanent Secretary, Department of Health and Social Care
- Ian Dalton, Chief Executive, NHS Improvement
Image: House of Lords 2018 / Photography by Roger Harris