The Health and Social Care Committee hears from Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, and academics, on likely impact of a no-deal Brexit on the health and social care sector.
Tuesday 23 October in Committee Room 6, Palaces of Westminster
- Martin Sawer, Executive Director, Healthcare Distribution Association
- Saffron Cordery, Deputy Chief Executive, NHS Providers
- Mike Thompson, Chief Executive, Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Professor Tamara Hervey, Jean Monnet Professor of European Union Law, University of Sheffield
- Mark Lloyd Davies, Senior Director, Medical Devices and Consumer Medical Technologies, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Johnson & Johnson
- Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care
- Sir Chris Wormald, Permanent Secretary, Department of Health and Social Care
Purpose of the session
The Committee hears from the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, academics and representatives from the NHS and the life science sectors on the likely impact of a no-deal Brexit on the health and social care sector, along with the key risks to patients, health and care services and companies. The Committee will also hear evidence on the effectiveness of planning by the Government and stakeholders for a no-deal scenario.