The Health and Social Care Committee questions commentators from a range of professional backgrounds and industries on strategy for tackling antimicrobial resistance.
Tuesday 4 September in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House
At 4.30 pm - Panel 1
- Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England, Department for Health and Social Care
- Christine Middlemiss, Chief Veterinary Officer, Government Veterinary Services
- Lord (Jim) O'Neill of Gatley
At 5.15 pm - Panel 2
- Gwyn Jones, Chairman, Responsible use of Medicines in Agriculture Alliance
- Professor Michael Moore, Professor of Primary Health Care Research, University of Southampton
- Dr Sheuli Porkess, Deputy Chief Scientific Officer, The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
Purpose of the session
The Committee will hear from commentators from a range of different professional backgrounds and industries about what progress has been made to date in tackling AMR, and on what the Government’s priorities should be for developing its new strategy.