This is the fifth evidence session for the Committee’s inquiry into the UK’s relations with Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.
The Committee will hear from human rights organisations, the main Bahraini opposition and from academic commentators on human rights.
At 2.30pm, Tuesday 14 May, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- David Mepham, UK Director of Human Rights Watch
- Phil Luther, Middle East and North Africa Director for Amnesty International
At 3.10pm (approximately)
- Ali Alaswad, Former MP for Al Wefaq
- Maryam Alkhawaja, Bahrain Center for Human Rights
At 3.45 (approximately)
- Sir Nigel Rodley KBE, Member (and Vice-Chair) of the UN Human Rights Committee, former Commissioner on the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry
- Caroline Montagu, Countess of Sandwich