The Foreign Affairs Committee will ask Ministers from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to regularly attend public sessions to answer questions about the range of their responsibilities.
The first such session will question Harriett Baldwin MP, as Minister for Africa and a Minister of State for International Development, about:
- Her role as a joint Minister
- The FCO's policies and priorities in Africa, including under 'Global Britain'
- Her ministerial responsibility for 'international crime'
- Her ministerial responsibility for 'consular policy'
Tuesday 13 March 2018, The Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Harriett Baldwin MP, Minister of State for Africa, Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Mr Donal Brown, Director East and Central Africa, Department for International Development
- Mr Neil Wigan, Director, Africa, Foreign & Commonwealth Office