The Foreign Affairs Committee holds an evidence session on China and the international rules-based system with two panels.
This session considers the ways in which China’s domestic affairs interact with its foreign policy, and the implications for UK engagement with China; and the present status and future of Hong Kong, including the UK’s role and responsibilities.
Tuesday 8 January 2019, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Eva Pils, Professor of Law, Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College London
- Paul Roseby OBE, CEO and Artistic Director, National Youth Theatre of Great Britain
- Professor Steve Tsang, Director, SOAS China Institute
- Professor Sebastian Veg, Professor of Intellectual History and Literature of 20th Century China, School of Advanced Studies in Social Sciences (EHESS), Paris
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Patten of Barnes CH, former Governor of Hong Kong