Minister gives UK Government perspective on relations with Turkey
31 January 2017
The Foreign Affairs Committee hears the perspective of the UK Government on its relations with Turkey.
Tuesday 31 January 2017, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP, Minister of State for Europe and the Americas, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Lindsay Appleby, Director Europe, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Coming in the wake of the Committee's recent meetings in Turkey, and a scheduled visit by the Prime Minister to the country, this session will be an opportunity for the Committee to:
- Assess the situation in Turkey after the coup attempt, and in the face of terrorism
- Consider commercial interests and security challenges in the context of the need to protect both human rights and democracy
- Gauge the implications for the UK of Turkey’s role in the Middle East, and its relationship with key international powers such Russia, the US, the EU, and NATO.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Economy and finance, International affairs, International politics and government, Middle East, International economic relations, International trade, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page